April 22nd marks the 45th anniversary of Earth Day; a very exciting year for the Earth Day Network. This year has also been exciting for us at Canteen with the release of enr.G, our fresh, better-for-you vending solution! Not only does the enr.G program focus on the wellness of our guests, it also supports the wellness of the environment. Want to know how?
- LED lighting– Our machines feature only LED lighting, an energy-efficient lighting alternative.
- Motion sensor lights– When an enr.G machine is not in use, the lights will automatically dim, saving energy.
- Energy Star certified equipment– Our machines comply with all Energy Star requirements.
- Dual temperature combination machines– Temperature zones that keep drinks cold and snacks at the appropriate temperature.
- Local snacks and beverages– Sourced when possible to support our community.
How is your team going to celebrate the 45th anniversary of Earth Day? Plant 45 flowers in the office community garden? Recycle 45 plastic bottles? Or maybe save 45 pieces of paper by printing double-sided? There are many ways to celebrate with your team, and support the health of our community and environment. No matter how you choose to celebrate, make sure you and your team have fun with it. Any effort is a great effort in reducing our carbon footprint!
To learn more about Canteen’s sustainability efforts, visit our Wellness and Sustainability page!