During the holiday season, joy is in the air. Spreading some of this holiday cheer through community service helps to build lasting memories for all involved. Here are some activities you can do with your team to step up your seasonal spirit:
Assist Nearby Neighbors in Need
– Host a toy drive to help brighten the days of children in need in your community
- Bonus: offer to host an event where your team can help distribute the toys to the children in need. Seeing their faces will help boost everyone’s morale and spirit.
– Put together a food drive to collect nonperishable items in support of a local food bank
- Bonus: volunteer at a soup kitchen and help serve those who need a warm meal on a cold December evening.
– Plan a day at a local senior center either talking to the participants, helping to do daily chores, or even organizing on an activity or performing something fun!
- Bonus: plan a craft fair for the seniors and help them paint ornaments or decorate picture frames as a gift.
Share the Holiday Spirit with our Military Men & Women
– Send care packages- usually made of necessary living staples, baked goodies, and fun activities like crosswords, books, or magazines
- Bonus: decorate the inside of the box so it’s festive and fun for them to open
– Collect handwritten letters thanking our military for their service and spread some festive cheer
- Bonus: ask your family to write little notes as well, the more the merrier!
How are you and your team going to spread the holiday spirit this year? Join us in wishing everyone a wonderful winter holiday season. Happy holidays from all of us at Canteen!