Fruits and vegetables continue to be the top source of nutrients of a healthy diet. For this reason, all throughout September, we’re encouraging everyone to add #MoreFruitnVeg to their daily diet!
Here are the top 5 reasons to eat more fruit and veggies:
- Convenience: From fresh, frozen, canned, dried, or as a juice, fruits and veggies are nutritious in any form!
- Fiber: Fruits and veggies provide fiber to help fill you up and keep your digestive system happy. Check out which are good sources or high in Fiber.
- Low in Calories: Whether you’re trying to lose weight or prevent weight gain, fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories with very little fats and sugar.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Fruits and veggies are better-for-you and will keep you going through the day with plenty of nutrients.
- May reduce risk of Disease: Eating plenty of fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and even some cancers.
Now that we know just how beneficial fruits and veggies really are, let’s work towards getting at least 2 cups of fruit and 2-3 cups of veggies daily! #MoreFruitnVeg will keep you on track to reach your wellness goals!