5 Reasons to Eat Breakfast
Your mom was right… Breakfast really is the most important meal of the day! Let’s take a look at five reasons you may want to reconsider hitting that snooze button and get up for breakfast:
- You might become a morning person! Eating a nutritious breakfast can improve your mood. Let’s be honest, you’re likely to be happier when you aren’t hangry…
- Energize your day: Breakfast eaters are more physically active. Give your body the energy it needs to conquer the rest of the day!
- Brain power: Eating a nutritious meal in the morning improves memory, mental speed, creativity and reasoning. Now that’s food for thought!
- Boost your metabolism: It’s true; according to a graph by Consumer Reports, breakfast can improve your metabolism. How? By maintaining your blood sugar levels all day long.
- Long-term health benefits: In the long run, better-for-you choices at the start your day can help lower cholesterol along with your risk of heart disease and diabetes.
Okay, we’ve given you five reasons to fit breakfast into you morning routine. So, what are you waiting for? No matter what your preference is – sweet, crunchy, smooth or creamy – we’ve got lots of great options waiting for you in your local breakroom or Avenue C. Check it out!