What Does Your Preferred Coffee Say About Your Work Personality?
Today is National Coffee Day! While you enjoy your favorite coffee brew this morning, take a few minutes to see if your preferred coffee reveals some insight into your personality.
In a study of 1000 coffee drinkers conducted by clinical psychologist Dr. Ramani Durvasula, participants who preferred certain types of coffee drinks shared common personality traits.
- Black Coffee Drinkers – tend to be no-nonsense individuals who tend to be purists and prefer the simple life.
- Latte Drinkers – these individuals usually aim to please others and keep things running smoothly.
- Cappuccino Drinkers – often seen as perfectionists with a tendency to be obsessive, controlling, overly sensitive and health-conscious.
- Instant Coffee Drinkers – participants in this group were laid back with a predisposition to procrastinate.
- Iced Coffee Drinkers – this group was socially bold, considered to be trendsetters with the occasional tendency to be reckless.
Does your personality and preferred type of coffee match up with these findings? Are these results reflective of your work team? It’s likely that you work with individuals who represent each of these groups, but it’s the alignment of those diverse personality traits and strengths that make you successful as a team.
Is your team made up of a diverse group of coffee drinkers? Canteen’s office coffee service can satisfy each unique taste and preference.